Monday, July 6, 2009

NATCA Election

Well, the NATCA election is upon us. I voted already and I highly encourage everyone else to do the same. I know everyone has an opinion, or if you don't, its because you've been swayed by the media blitz from the candidates. Here's who we have for National President: Pat Forrey, the incumbent, Paul Rinaldo, the current EVP, and Dr. Ruth Marlin, DPA, the former EVP under John Carr. For EVP, we have Rich Santa, the FacRep from ZDC and Trish Gilbert, the head of the Legislative Committee (and from ZHU).
I personally have not endorsed any candidate, but I think I will on here. Not that it matters, no one reads this damn blog anyway!
I think Ruth Marlin will do best for National President and Trish Gilbert for EVP. I like Trish who has gone out of her way to bring a personalized approach to her EVP candidacy and also to my own person (through Facebook and my own work on the safety committee). I think Ruth Marlin is the best person for the National position, mainly based on her own experience at the national level and her work on her doctorate. She has also been contacting me and giving me suggestions and support for my own PhD work.
I could I would be remiss in not support Tim Smith for NSW RVP, though he's running unopposed. Personally, I think anyone would be better than Darrell.

No comments: